La Fête de la Musique at the Embassy of France
June 18, 2010 2 Comments
The French celebrate the Summer Solstice with La Fête de la Musique, a festival that showcases amateur and professional musicians playing in the streets. Traditionally, full of different musical colors, this event is a very joyful and unique experience, gathering people of all ages outdoors. You are cordially invited to join us at the Embassy of France as La Maison française will recreate this atmosphere in Washington, D.C!
On the summer solstice, the French gather in the streets to play music and dance to the sound of amateur and professional musicians. For the seventh consecutive year, La Maison Française will recapture this tradition in the Embassy gardens, welcoming more than 40 bands and street performers.
Enjoy a variety of concerts, as well as fire-dancers, fire-breathers, aerialists, a children’s workshop and more! Take to the dance floor or relax at our terrace-style café while listening to a most eclectic musical program and savoring barbecued specialties, cotton candy, pastries, coffee, beer, wine, and bubbly (food and beverages sold separately).
The program is as follows:
Throughout the Fête de la Musique
- Stroll the Embassy gardens and listen to talented local musicians.
- Savor French assiettes, specialties from the grill, pastries, etc.
From 4 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Explore our market and purchase Provence-style gift items.
- Have your children participate in one of the many special workshops.
- Enjoy a dance workshop – meet energetic people while discovering new moves.
from 9 p.m to midnight
- Dance the night away to great DJ tunes.
When: Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM