All Hidden Secrets of Washington, D.C. in a tiny App
July 7, 2010 4 Comments
Here is a super cool app for the iPhonians of Washington, D.C. and those who plan to visit Awesome Washington, D.C. – It Happened Here app for iPhone.
The app will make every trip to or within Washington, D.C. infinitely more interesting by putting a your location in context with the DC’s rich history and vibrant personality. Hundreds of events are provided, including the places where:
- “Deep Throat” held secret 2 a.m. meetings with journalists about Watergate
- John Wilkes Booth hid after assassinating Abraham Lincoln
- John F. Kennedy proposed to Jacqueline Bouvier over dinner
- Tom Cruise hit softballs in front of Demi Moore in the movie A Few Good Men
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry was arrested in an FBI sting operation
It Happened Here – The app detects a user’s location and reveals fascinating events that have occurred nearby. Users receive photos and brief, “mobile consumable” original summaries of these events in such categories as History, Politics, Crime & Scandal and Pop Culture along with links to Web sites for those who want to learn more. The It Happened Here app is also interactive and dynamic, allowing users to not only submit events for editorial review, but also share what’s interesting about where they are via Facebook and Twitter.
Have fun with the app