Smartphone Faceoff: EVO 4G vs. Droid Incredible vs. Nexus One vs. iPhone 4

As more and more smartphones pours into the market, the more confusing and challenging it is becoming for us to pick the one that meets our needs. On top of our previous comparison chart (Droid x vs. iPhone 4), we put together a new and more comprehensive one here.

Courtesy of TiPb, the chart stacks up iPhone 4 against the other top three smartphones in the market. You may also want to check out the videos I included right below the chart.

Just as a note, I have friends who owns all these phones. The information here in the chart was also confirmed by them.

Hope this helps you to pick your next phone.

27 Responses to Smartphone Faceoff: EVO 4G vs. Droid Incredible vs. Nexus One vs. iPhone 4

1. Nexus One – I bought it when my choices were iPhone 3G vs Nexus One. Bought it unlocked to avoid the 2 year expense of a subsidized phone. It replaced a G-1 Developer phone running Android so I was already sold on the features of the Droid. I like the ‘no dropped calls’ feature, the frequent updates with new capabilities each time (over the air, mind you – no computer syncing required), and the openness and diversity of the Android app store. The next update will add tethering so I don’t have to pay for that expensive ‘my-fi’ card any more.

Easy to use, inexpensive accessories (no special headset required), and sweet design. I might upgrade to Droid-X when the time comes (HDMI out should make for a sweet presentation tool without a PC) or perhaps the Dell Streak when it’s available in the states (for the same reason).

2. Great post. We did a similar blog post to this recently; To Blackberry or iPhone that is the question

3. Larry Morris says:

I would absolutely reccommend the Droid X

4. Mike Rosner says:

I think that I’m gonna get the android HTC Aria from AT&T…:

5. I have a Droid Incredible. I like it a lot. My only complaint: I would move the volume control, as I often press it in advertently. Many of my friends who have iPhones, think it is as good or better. Verizon service is much better where I live so it was a no brainer.

6. You left out the palm pre… While it is substantially smaller, it is quite competitive.

7. I have an iPhone 3G and will be upgrading to the iPhone 4G when my current contract runs out. I hope Verizon is offered as a provider when that time comes in early 2011. Love the phone hate the service! As a dedicated Apple customer, I would not entertain any other smart phone. I have heard the Droid is a very nice phone.

8. Where has anyone used a simple to use mobile phone. Use the iPhone 4 with IOS4

9. Blackberry, it’s tough as nails (has taken countless bounces) always works and does exactly what I need it to without a ton of fancy stuff to clog things up.
    My wife’s iPhone got a bit wet … it’s toast!

10. iPhone. iPhone. iPhone.

11. Bill Vest says:

I made my wife switch from her iPhone 3GS to a Motorola Droid because I wanted the Droid Incredible. We also switched to Verizon. I like my Incredible, she HATES her Droid and wants her iPhone back. I hope Verizon gets it soon.

12. Larry Morris says:

I would absolutely reccommend the Droid X. I

13. I’m waiting on the Droid^x because it has the fastest GPU out there:

14. LOL! As a matter of fact, yes; hence, my inclusion of the link above.

15. I am an “equal opportunity” subscriber, therefore I want them ALL!!! (plus the iPad, HP Slate, and TabletPC’s). I design radios and test equipment! 🙂
    For mobile gaming, I am more attracted to mobile devices that support Flash players!

16. HTC Magic, and yes an upgrade is imminent.

I love the freedom of Android so will go with either HTC/Nexus/Samsung for a phone.

I love the beauty and selection of apps on Apple, so that means I also need an iPad, and will get the 2nd release version when that comes out.

17. I have the Droid incredible and I love it. Hey Bill, does it work where you are?

• Nate says:

i used the phone for 2 weeks and had alot of reception issues with it. verizon stated that is a common problem with HTC phones. i took it back the day before the release of the droid x and got the droid x the next morning. couldnt be happier.

18. Bill Vest says:

Angel, no it does not work here. I am looking forward to getting home in 86 days so I can use it.

19. I have the Iphone 4 and works great for me..

20. The number of possibilities offered by the iphone is so far unreachable.
    Helps me with everything…! I mean, everything.
    As the ads say: There`s an app for that

21. Nate says:

im sorry but the DROID X has far surpassed everyone’s expectations. even with iphones 4 reception woes. verizon already has an improvemnts update for the droid x for release on monday july 19th and its only been out less than a week! GO GET THIS PHONE!

22. I think this is one of the most important info for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on
    some general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really great :
    D. Good job, cheers