Awesome Washingtonian of the Day Sept 2, 2010

Name: Tanzila Rab
Live in: Maryland
Originally from: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Profession: Owner & Designer Vogue:Boutique Jewelry
What I love about DC area the most: Awesome people, history, culture, politics, food & endless entertainment….in short I love everything about DC! (YUP even the blizzards last winter)

My favorite Music: Natasha Bedingfield

About me: I moved halfway across the world 9 years ago to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life. In 2008 we had a beautiful baby girl so I decided to put my career as a Financial Advisor on hold for a little bit to spend quality time with my princes- Now I’m perusing my dream of being a business owner with my very own online Jewelry Boutique. I love being around positive energy & happy people, I want my Jewelry to capture a wide variety of styles so that people from all walks of life can enjoy it~ there’s something for everyone!! I love Travelling, Art & Food. I’m still trying to get the hang of Twitter.

Feel free to follow me on Facebook

Check out our previous Awesome Washingtonians.

If you are interested in being featured on our next “Awesome Washingtonian of the day“, using similar format, please send us your bio from our Contact page – ATTN: Awesome Washingtonian.

8 Responses to Awesome Washingtonian of the Day Sept 2, 2010

1. Luzat Khandkar says:

Cheers for Tanzi!

2. Tasnim Karim says:

Tanzila you are the best 🙂

3. Tanzila intrigues mw with her creativity & keen focus on nothing but the best in what ever she does in life. I am so very proud of her, Well Done Tanzila!

4. Tam Tran says:

Why doesn’t it surprise me to see Tanzila featured in one of these articles? In a day to day reality where the overwhelming people we come across are lost in the crowd, Tanzila is someone who you will not only notice, but also will never forget! She makes an immediate impression due to her passion for life, family, and the genuine love of those around her. I met Tanzila in the Finance world, and we worked alongside one another for years. Her drive and amibition was inspiring then as it is now. She is someone I would never bet against, as she will prove you wrong everytime. I have since come to know her outside the world of suits and ties, and as ambitious and focused as she was in corporate America, she is more passioned about life and the things that truly matter- friends, family, and laughter. She is truly an original, and that is a term that is often aplied, but never realized. When you meet her, you have indeed met an original. If you had the privilege of being a part of her life and those around her, you will walk away knowing that you have just met someone beautiful, intelligent, and unique that your life has never crossed with before, nor will it ever. Her drive and her motivation for continually striving to be a better person, wife, mother, and friend is, for lack of a better term, inspiring. To put it simply, Tanzila is one of those rare individuals who makes our lives better because she is a part of it. I know I am a better person for having known her in my life. I hope more people will get to know her as I have. Congrats Tanzila!

• Tanzila Rab says:

Wow Tam im floored! Thanks a ton & i didn’t even have to pay you to write this 😉 jokes apart it’s people like you i love to be around.I feel so blessed…thanks for your unconditional love and support.Our 12 hr work days would be grueling without you…you’re the best!

5. Adil Husain says:

Tam Tran has said it all! Congratulations Tanzila, very proud of you.

6. Shaista Chaudhry says:

Hi Tanzila!

You don’t know me but I am a friend of Zarmineh’s and I live in Northern Virginia. Would love to patronize your business and become acquainted with you. Congratulations on your new business and please stay in touch.

7. Namrata says:

Hi Tanzila!

Really love your creations… and also appreciate the activeness for replying to all your clients and prospective clients too……
    My best wishes for you…..