Awesome Washingtonian of the Day Sept 22, 2010

Name: Leigh Macdonald
Live in: Leesburg, Virginia
Originally from: A cattle ranch in Florida
Profession: Attorney & law professor turned freelance writer & blogger
What I love about DC the most: I think D.C. is fabulous because it bustles—like any great metropolitan area—but it does so with tons of purpose. Washingtonians are motivated to make change, to advance causes, and to support others. I love that, and I think it makes our city really special.

My favorite music video: Ok Go – Here It Goes Again (The Treadmill Video)

About me: I’m a Miami lawyer and law professor turned freelance writer and blogger in D.C./NoVA. You can find my daily fashion musings, and my news articles are available at WUSA9’s hyper-local websites.

I love all things fashion and have a particular affinity for beautiful shoes, white chocolate, authentic smiles, and smart girlfriends. I politely smile at—but do not love—drama or the people who create it.

Feel free to follow me on Facebookmy Fan page | Twitter

Those of you who know me, please, leave your comment here for others to see and make their judgment on their rating.

Check out our previous Awesome Washingtonians.

If you are interested in being featured on our next “Awesome Washingtonian of the day“, using similar format, please send us your bio from our Contact page – ATTN: Awesome Washingtonian.

8 Responses to Awesome Washingtonian of the Day Sept 22, 2010

1. April says:

Leigh is awesome and her blog is just fabulous! Welcome to Washington, DC, Leigh! XOXO

2. I agree – you are definitely an awesome Washingtonian!

3. michellesteeger says:

Leigh is very inspirational in every way a woman can express her views, talent, and posistive self-esteam!

4. Gave high marks because you deserve it!!! I’m proud to have a friend with your qualties!

5. Toscha Weathington says:

I have known Leigh for many years and I consider her to be a true friend, an inspiration and one who has a heart for all – simply genuine.

6. Leigh Burger says:

Leigh is one amazing lady. She offers so much to those around her. She exudes class, style and character. She displays an undying love and commitment to all things family. She is an inspiration to me in so many ways. We’re glad to have her and her beautiful family in the DC Metro area!!

7. Darcy Gore says:

Leigh is an incredible person socially and professionally! She is also an very hard worker and nice to others. I have known Leigh and her family for a few years, and all of them make me smile whenever I see them. That is a huge reflection of how Leigh makes the world a better place for all of us!!

8. Amy Sullivan says:

I have known Leigh for many years. Leigh is a beautiful, ambitious lady who makes everyone around her feel important and smile. She gives so much of herself and sets a true example for all of us.