Google and Justin Timberlake Joining the Social Networking War
July 5, 2011 Leave a comment
Translation: awesomize.me is needed on that wall more than ever now!
In case you missed the News, myspace is about to be brought back to life from dead by Justin Timberlake and Google is about to launch their social networking site, Google+. They plan to compete head to head with Facebook. What does this mean to you and your company? In addition on killing your time on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn today, whether you like it or not, you and your business will soon end up spending time on the two new social networking sites too.
The more social networking sites popping out, the more you and your company will need the portal, awesomize.me to manage all your social media channels. The platform to help you to distinguish your quality vs. quantity friends, fans, and followers.
We just added the options for your Google + and myspace channels to our platform. So, if you or your business have a page on any of the two new social networking sites, you may now add them to your awesomize.me pages by clicking on Edit from the profile page, then click on Social media Presence.
I have been pretty fascinated by the whole Internet -> search Engine -> Social media evolution since early 90’s. It was my fascination that gave me the idea to launch awesomize.me – the portal to provide a quick and intelligent decision for both the consumers and the companies about their online connections. Here is how and why:
– Early 90s: WWW was born…
– By mid 90’s: millions of sites popped up on the Web…
– Mid – late 90s: Yahoo & Google were born to help us to find the right information of the right pages on the Web…
– Early 2000: Social media was born…
– Late 2000: Millions of pages created by people, companies, and organizations on all these social media channels.
– 2011: Deja vu all over again… we are back to early 90’s…
– 2012 and beyond…the days of just setting up a website or blog to promote yourself, your talent, your business, and your solution offerings AND creating a page for them on Facebook, LinkedIn, are Twitter are O-V-E-R!. Your social media pages and sites should be on a place where the vast number of users and communities can easily find you, learn about you – AND – express their opinion/rate you and your goodies. If you are confident you are selling something awesome, you need the power of the crowd to promote you (and your company) anyway. That is exactly why I built awesomize.me 🙂
Given vast variety of the existing channels to choose from and stick with, it’s time for such a hot space to enter into a new category.
As always, we value your input. So, I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Here is The Google+ project: A quick look:
And here is myspace News:
Feel free to connect with me via awesomize.me